Re: SG-W:/ Chelsea Area Planning? (was Sylvan Twp Mobile Home Park)

Kris,
I try to attend these meetings, and did attend the last one on Monday at
Sylvan Twp.  Generally few people attend (8-10), and the meetings have gone
along, making fairly decent ground.  This last meeting was interesting
because more people attended.   Probably because prior to this meeting the
planning commission and boards from the various townships had to look at the
draft proposed and address question about zoning changes and get a sense of
whether the draft was acceptable to their townships.  These township
meetings seemed to "alert" residents of potential changes that may or may
not affect them.  Anyway there were some questions raised about the
population growth and housing %'s that seemed unrealistic and there was a
request to get the numbers more in line with reality.  This weeks Chelsea
Standard had an article regarding the CAPT meetings and the progress it's
making.
I have to say it is challenging to make this work because the townships
involved have different "personalities" if you will, and there is a tendency
for some to lose sight that this regional plan is trying to implement BETTER
land use plans.  Some worry that the changes may infringe on their "property
rights".
 There will be another meeting Sept. 25(?)Tuesday, at the old Chelsea high
school on Washington Street at 7:00 P.M.  It would be nice to have more
people attend who are supportive of innovative planning.  There is a
tendency of only those that see changes in how we "manage" land and its uses
as threatening, that come to these meetings and voice concern and to a
certain degree opposition.
But, I must say this has been a positive experience and most of the
"leaders" involved have shown a willingness to try to implement newer ideas.
They are an intelligent group of people.
If you are interested you can get on the mailing list and they will send
info. regarding these meetings.
Jennie