---------------- Begin Forwarded Message ----------------
Date:        08/30  2:42 PM
From:        Culture Jammers Network, jammers@adbusters.org

Jammers,

If you spent your summer choking on Interstate fumes as you tried to
find some scrap of wilderness to camp in, here are seven words to
lift your spirits:

September 21 is World Car-Free Day.

A future without cars is a tantalyzing prospect. A *day* without cars
is a glimpse of that future. Imagine: People walking, people smiling,
a man selling ice-cream. (Hold on a sec, we're having a '70s Chicago
flashback. There, it passed.) Certainly, there will be a measure of
silence, a measure of peace. Conversations will be heard. Desk
jockeys will get a little exercise. People will miss appointments
they didn't really need to make.

After experiencing a city without cars - or, more realistically, part
of a neighbourhood without cars - many folks will find it hard to
allow the traffic back the next day.

This is World Car-Free Day's inaugural year. Let's kick it off with
feeling. Download a poster at http://www.adbusters.org, organize a
rally or make a personal statement on foot, bike or bus. It matters.

Send your pics and stories to campaigns@adbusters.org

Cheers from the staff and volunteers at Adbusters.

Steve Bean
sbean@berginc.com

www.votenader.org
www.billionairesforbushorgore.com