Re: SG-W:/ Panda Power Plant--pollution trading

We are starting to get off subject here, but when you start talking about
pollution trading and offsets, you are opening a whole new can of worms that
I'm not sure anyone wants to delve into.  There are issues of small-scale
versus large-scale impact, cost, enforcement, etc., etc.

IN MY OPINION, any kind of trading scheme should not be supported by NOPE
members and should not be brought up as a point of discussion because it
gives PANDA a window of opportunity that should not be given.  Alternative
energy, the impacts of this plant on the land and environment, and the need
(or lack thereof) for this plant are what should be discussed with PANDA and
the deciding players.

On a different but related note...

My question is, isn't Dexter Twp buying into the Chelsea Area Regional Plan?
My recollection of the plan does not include any provisions for something of
this sort in Dexter Twp.  If they give something like this the go ahead,
doesn't it subvert the intent and everything they are working toward as an
originator of this plan?  Does it take the wheels off of a promising idea
that is just getting up and running?

Jeff Surfus