SG-W:/ September 19th's introduction to the local Sierra Club

Friends,

This month's meeting of the Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group is designed to
introduce you to the activities sponsored by the Sierra Club in our area,
and to introduce you to the people that make those activities possible.
Whether you're interested in hiking and canoeing, giving underprivileged
children a chance to explore the out-of-doors, taking action to protect the
local environment, getting involved in the political process, creating a web
site, or writing and publishing a newsletter, you'll find something to
interest you at this meeting.  It's also a great opportunity to get to know
other people who share your interest in exploring, enjoying, and protecting
the natural world.

The meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. this Thursday, at the Matthei Botanical
Gardens (located at 1800 N. Dixboro Road, between Geddes and Plymouth Roads,
east of US-23).  We invite you to get to know the local Sierra Club and its
members during the meeting and during our social hour immediately following
the meeting.  Sierra Club calendars for 2001 and EarthCash shopping vouchers
will be available for sale.

Our monthly meetings are always held on the third Tuesday of each month at
the Botanical Gardens.  They begin at 7:30 pm and offer a great opportunity
to meet people who share your interests in enjoying and preserving nature,
and to learn how to get involved in local, state, and national environmental
issues.  Meetings are free and open to the public.  Newcomers are welcome;
no membership is required.

We hope to see you at Tuesday's meeitng.  And please feel free to forward
this message to others who might be interested!

  - Mike Sklar

Sierra Club events information:  734-480-7751  or
www.mirror.org/groups/mi-enviro