Re: SG-W:/ More to ponder regarding the Dexter Twp Power Plant

Barry,

It might be technically possible for a developer to do that.  However, I'm sure
that the AA plant has capacity limits that might preclude that.  Sewage plants
are normally designed to service defined service areas.  In Ann Arbor's case,
those areas outside of the City are defined in annexation agreements that the
City has with the surrounding townships.  Ann Arbor services northern
Pittsfield, areas east of US-23 in AA Township and eastern Scio including most
of the Jackson Road corridor.  I would guess that the plant wasn't designed to
service areas much beyond that and opening up additional areas for development
would raise huge policy issues both inside and outside the City.

Andrew Mutch
Novi