Re: SG-W:/ Washtenaw County Legislators and PAC Money

The fact that people are not surprised or even resigned to the fact that
our legislators such as DeRossett are taking these large amounts of cash
from PACs is part of the problem.  The realtor DeRossett, in my mind, has
a definite conflict of interest when he is taking large amounts of money
from homebuilders', realtors', and developers' PACs.  He is representing
his cronies and industry rather than his constituents.

It's sickening to me that the Speaker of the House Perricone put DeRossett
in charge of a Republican Task Force to deal with the issue of sprawl,
when he has put himself in the position of a promoter of sprawl and
unchecked development by taking the money.

People in the 55th district, including those in Manchester and
southwestern Washtenaw County should be angry and should confront Mr.
DeRossett on this issue.  I hope someone will ask him about this at his
upcoming Mobile Home forum on 10/31.  My priority that night is taking my
kids trick or treating.

We can either be resigned and sad about this situation or we can hold our
representatives accountable...your choice.  I don't think promoting
development and sprawl is what folks in the 55th district want.

Jeff Surfus