SG-W:/ Today's Toronto Trash protest

Great work, everyone, with special thanks going to Cindy as our honorary
Engler and Margaret--the outraged landfill neighbor!

We had Channel 2, 4, and 7 there (and a DIV affiliate in Lansing
--WILX--told me they wouldn't send anyone, but would pick up DIV's feed.)
Also, we had WJR, CBC Radio Windsor, CKLW.  The GLRC had a flat tire, but
will be here tomorrow to take tape on this issue from me or Mike. And Dan
Shine from the Free Press was there with a photographer. Big fun!!!

The Ecology Center has an on-line petition demanding that Engler/Harding
take action on this issue. You can access it www.ecocenter.org.  Let's keep
up the pressure!  MB

>Enviro-Mich message from "Jeff Surfus" <jeffsurfus@msn.com>
>
>For those of you in the Detroit metro area, you might want to check out
>FOX 2 news or Channel 7 news tonight.
>
>You may say a giant John Engler welcoming trash in from Toronto.
>
>You may see plenty of signs saying NO to Toronto trash.
>
>You may see myself telling Michigan residents to hold their government
>accountable or Mike Garfield of the Ecology Centerdemanding that the
>Engler administration take some action.
>
>You may hear the sounds of big trash trucks passing by in the background
>headed for Arbor Hills in Washtenaw County or the sounds of many cars
>driving by honking in support. (Cyber polls in Detroit indicate 90% of
>people are against out-of-state waste coming in.)
>
>Our next stop may be in Lansing...Are you ready for us Mr. Engler, Mr.
>Harding and Michigan legislators?
>
>Jeff Surfus
>NO WASTE
>Clean Water Action