Re: SG-W:/ And the results are in...

Andrew,

I can address the Pittsfield question.

The "Community Effort for Pittsfield" ran a full slate of 7 Democratic
candidates for the Board of Trustees.  These are the candidates that have
spearheaded the petition drive against NewMarket and have long worked to try
to get our Township officials to work toward responsible growth as opposed
to the "let developers decide" attitude that has lead to the current
problems that Pittsfield faces.  Only 2 incumbents ran for re-election
(Treasurer and 1 trustee--both Republicans), but the current Supervisor and
majority of the board have strongly endorsed the Republican candidates

Six of these seven "Community Effort for Pittsfield" candidates won  seats
on the Board, meaning a new beginning for Pittsfield.  The results are as
follows:
Jim Walter-- Supervisor
Tina Lirones-- Clerk
Bob Skrobola-- Treasure (narrowly beat Fredrick Bradley" from Community
Effort for Pittsfield" )
Marilyn Burhop-- Trustee
Ken Brostrom--Trustee
Greg Conner--Trustee
Jeffrey Marine--Trustee

All of the above have been outspoken against NewMarket.  This even includes
Skrobola, who while we usually disagree on the issues, was outspoken in his
opposition against NewMarket--probably a wise political move that helped his
re-election.

These candidates won overwhelmingly.  We can thank many of you for your help
and support.  This includes the discussion of the Novi Lawsuit--used to
compare to the NewMarket situation-- provided by Andrew that hit a large
portion of the township this past weekend.  Andrew, thanks so much for your
assistance.

By the way.  We turned in 1564 signature to the Township Clerk this
afternoon to bring NewMarket to a referendum, the majority collected by the
above candidates, minus Skrobola (he didn't work the petition drive).  We
need 692 valid signatures.  It's now time for Pittsfield to take a stand
against sprawl too!

Jeffrey Marine