SG-W:/ you're invited to a party!

I'd like to invite all the subscribers to this listserve to the Ecology
Center's 30th anniversary celebration, taking place this Sunday, November
19, from 5:00 - 9:00 p.m., at the Cavern Club, 210 S. First St., in Ann
Arbor.

Our celebration will be honoring the great accomplishments of grassroots
environmental activists to which the Ecology Center has contributed over
the past three decades, including -- most recently -- the landslide victory
of Washtenaw County Proposal B.  To help us celebrate, we'll be joined by
Lois Gibbs, the leader of community activists at Love Canal who fought to
protect themselves from dioxin contamination.  Gibbs is generally
considered the founder of the environmental health movement, and since went
on to found and lead the Center for Health, Environment and Justice, a
national organization which has inspired and assisted nearly 10,000
community organizations over the past twenty years.

This IS a party, and we'll be offering hot and cold hors d'oeuvers, wine,
beer, a cash bar, and music by local bluegrass legends The RFD Boys.  It's
also a benefit for the Center, and tickets are $30 each.

We'd love to have you join us Sunday!  You can buy your tickets at the
door, but please send me a message if you plan to come, so we'll know
roughly how many folks to expect.

Mike

Mike Garfield
Ecology Center