SG-W:/ Alaska Wilderness

Friends,

Come explore America's wildest state with the Sierra Club this Tuesday!
Expert photographer and outings leader Ralph Powell will take us on an
Alaskan adventure.
His presentation is titled "Alaska:  A Wilderness Experience" and will be
shown at the
Matthei Botanical Gardens this Tuesday (11/21) at 7:30 pm.

Ralph's presentation will be followed by our social hour, during which you
can meet dozens of interesting people who share your values.  The meeting is
also great place to learn about local Sierra Club activities ranging from
upcoming hikes and canoe trips to current conservation campaigns.  Sierra
Club calendars and EarthCash shopping vouchers from our "Shopping for the
Earth" program will be available for purchase; they make terrific and
convenient holiday gifts, so bring your checkbook.

Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group General Meetings are held on the third
Tuesday of each month at the Matthei Botanical Gardens, located at 1800 N.
Dixboro Road (between Geddes and Plymouth Roads, east of US-23), beginning
at 7:30 pm.  The monthly meetings are a great place to meet people who like
to explore, enjoy, and protect nature.  It's also a way to get involved in
local, state, and national environmental issues.  Meetings are free and open
to the public.  Newcomers are welcome; no membership is required.

I hope to see you at Tuesday's meeting.  And please feel free to forward
this message to others who might be interested!

  - Mike Sklar

Sierra Club events information:  734-480-7751

www.mirror.org/groups/mi-enviro