SG-W:/ Re: MI Drain Code Alert

Thanks, Janis - Is it possible to post the misinterpretations and outright
lies? I know this is an enormous document, worked on for years, but maybe
you can touch on some high points.

I don't think most of us know much about this drain code, and I can't
remember very well your presentation on it at the Farm Bureau, except that I
do trust your judgment and you had indicated that this drain code was in
many ways superior to the old one.

I can also add that the people working on it are trying to work with diverse
groups: for example, most farmers in my Farm Bureau think drains should be
bigger and faster and the worst problem is that we don't drain enough pesky
wetlands, while the environmental groups I'm involved with may think the
opposite. I think we're looking for good information on the new drain code,
and would appreciate your insight. Tina