Re: SG-W:/ Writing viewpoints.

While I can't speak to the AANews specifically, I've noticed that many community
newspapers "don't get it" when it comes to the connection between sprawl and the
cost to the communities.  At best, they seem to have a "well, there's nothing we
can do about growth" attitude.  At worst, they seem to cheerlead for bad
development decision.  I'm not sure why this occurs although several people have
offered up some reasonable explanations why.  The Detroit Free Press is the one
"major" paper that does seem to understand the impact of growth and they also
often carry the excellent opinion pieces done by the people up at MLUI.

Andrew Mutch
Novi