Re: SG-W:/ Recent list posting

Thanks Ann - I wanted to add a couple things to my previous post - that is,
that Judith Walter came in VOLUNTARILY and was UNPAID for her one week of
help in assisting Jim to start up his office. I think to qualify for hiring
or nepotism, you have to get paid! Thank you again for your service to the
Township, Judith.

Also, Carol implied that there was a closed meeting of some kind? This is
not the case. All meetings are open to the public and are posted and
publicized, plus we fax the agendas to the AA News for the Meetings section.
Of course, the meetings are on the same days each month, unless a special
nmeeting is held, and the public is always welcome.

In the past, Twp. Officials were nearly taken to court over excessive use of
closed or executive meetings. The back room was the norm. Not any more! And
we let the public talk at the meetings at times besides the public comment
at the beginning, where the previous admin. would refuse to recognize anyone
from the audience. They would actually vote to refuse to recognize you!

The web site is currently on hold since the previous administration ran up
gigantic bills on paid consultants. It's way over budget, so we want to do
it in house. While I can't say much about firing people who were described
by our opponents as "qualified", I can say that one of the 2 people let go
was responsible for these budget overruns, and that's not the least of our
problems. The other was a pal (hired over qualified internal applicants) of
the previous Clerk, and she was not good and probationary (at her position
for a month and a half) so I let her go.

Also, the previous folks made the public FOIA every single item of
information, and wait five days for the most routine request. This stopped
immediately when we took office, and we attempt to fulfill requests
immediately, for free for residents now, thanks to my super duper Deputy
Clerk, Jan Ben Dor.

Finally, we are far from novices. Jim and I have attended every planning
commission and board meeting for years. Jeff and Marilyn attended tons of
meetings, too. Greg ran for office in Pitts. before. Jeff and I applied for
several appointed positions, but the old admin. wouldn't have us. Jim and
Ken were elected and served on Parks Commission in Pitts. Jim has six years
experience as a county commissioner, and 21 years experience as planning
commissioner (County and Ypsi Twp, I think?)

We ran a candidate for treasurer, but the incumbent, Bob Skrobola, won. We
are in complete agreement that Newmarket should be fought vigorously, or we
might as well throw in the towel on protecting our township from
innapropriate proposed devlopments. Bob has years of township experience,
and has no intention of putting the township in financial jeopardy.

That's enough about all this silly stuff - Christina Lirones