SG-W:/ Meeting at Leopold's

Friends,
A matter of curiosity: I see Leopold's mentioned a lot on this list as a
place to meet, given its 'sustainable' reputation. To exerpt from Mike
Garfield's message -

> The site of the meeting, Leopold Brothers Brewery, is "the world's
> first zero waste brewery."  The operation converts brewing waste to
> fertilizer, captures carbon dioxide for greenhouse use, recovers steam
> for its kegging line, and uses all organic ingredients.  The owners
> will offer tours of their facility after the annual meeting.

When this brewery opened, I had visions of a great greenhouse in the back
growing the hops and any other plant materials needed for brewing. That
impression I had has never come to be (nor do I know if that was their
intention). Does anyone on list know how they make their organic beer? Is
it really a closed process? I realize I ought to take the tour and go to
the Ecology Center meeting, but I will be out of town this weekend.

More importantly, though, I was just there a few weeks ago, and sadly it
looks a bit... well-worn. As far as I know, they have never been able to
serve food, so any event there has to be catered. I'd like to see this
company succeed, does anyone here know how they are doing?

-kg