SG-W:/ Meeting at Leopold's

hi,

just thought i'd chime in with what i know about leopolds'.  i visit
leopolds' fairly often and usually chat with either or both of the two
brothers who own it.  i've never taken their tour, though, so can't tell
you how they brew their beer or how closed the process is.

i heard from scott leopold just a few weeks ago that he's starting to
devote more attention to the greenhouse phase of the business and hopes to
have some plants in the greenhouse this spring.

they do have a limited food menu now -- hamburgers, veggie burgers, etc.,
served with chips.  nothing very extensive, though, and nothing that would
feed a meeting full of people.  they have a collection of take-out menus
behind the bar and don't mind if patrons order dinner and have it
delivered there.  when i do this with friends though, we always take our
trash (pizza boxes and such) with us when we leave.  no use leaving our
waste for them to deal with.

i think they are doing fairly well, business-wise.  at least that is what
todd leopold told me just the other day.  of course, i'm guessing they'd
be happy with more business.  i do my best to take my business there
whenever i can.  (why? i think they brew really good beer, i like the beer
garden atmosphere and seating arrangement, and like what they are trying
to do.) while it may seem a bit worn on the inside, it may be because much
of the furniture was either purchased used or built using seconds from the
lumberyard (in keeping with the sustainable business theme).  the long
tables and benches were made by the leopold brothers and their father.

maureen austin