SG-W:/ Transfer of Development Rights

I was under the impression that Michigan law did not authorize local
communities to provide explicitly for the Transfer of Development Rights.
(TDR).  However, I have seen several recent mentions of communities utilizing
TDR.  Does anyone know of communities that are using TDR and whether there is a
legal framework for that?

Thanks!

Andrew Mutch
Novi