[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: SG-W:/ Transfer of Development Rights

My understanding is that there is no specific legislative authority for TDR 
to be conducted, but that it may be inferred from the state constitution and 
subsequent acts.  Peninsula Township did that when starting their PDR program 
before state enabling legislation on that was passed.  My impression is that 
TDR is a lot easier to do within a jurisdiction with planning and zoning 
authority (e.g., a township) but there has to be substantial political will, 
knowledge and areas to serve as sending zones and receiving zones.  I can't 
think of too many around there where that last item applies.

It's also possible to go across boundaries to do TDR, but there would need to 
be inter-governmental agreements instituted first.

Barry Lonik

smartgrowth-washtenaw:  Internet List and Forum for issues relating to
sprawl, smart growth, and preservation of the quality of life in Washtenaw

Postings to:  smartgrowth-washtenaw@great-lakes.net      For info, send
email to majordomo@great-lakes.net  with a one-line message body of  "info