Re: SG-W:/ Transfer of Development Rights

My understanding is that there is no specific legislative authority for TDR
to be conducted, but that it may be inferred from the state constitution and
subsequent acts.  Peninsula Township did that when starting their PDR program
before state enabling legislation on that was passed.  My impression is that
TDR is a lot easier to do within a jurisdiction with planning and zoning
authority (e.g., a township) but there has to be substantial political will,
knowledge and areas to serve as sending zones and receiving zones.  I can't
think of too many around there where that last item applies.

It's also possible to go across boundaries to do TDR, but there would need to
be inter-governmental agreements instituted first.

Barry Lonik