From: Peggy Garrigues-Cortelyou <pgarrigues@voyager.net>
To: Kermit Schlansker <kssustain@provide.net>
Date: Monday, February 26, 2001 8:32 AM
Subject: Re: SG-W:/ Sustainability plan

Kermit,

Thanks for your ideas. I am working in Manchester area to create a network of people within an existing community to create changes to move us toward sustainability. I am trying to work with the passions and attractions of the people here to create whatever we can that will move us in the right direction. I would love to create some type of eco-village/eco-community that would include farming and manufacturing and natural areas and services along with residential and schools.

You have a strong passion to share your ideas. I wish you well in finding effective channels to share them. My passion is to help people -- individuals, organizations, communities to connect their thinking into how nature thinks.

Nature keeps in balance through at least 53 attraction senses, and I am working to help people reconnect their senses with nature's ecosystems in order to develop sustainable systems in that way. (I teach Natural Systems Thinking Process as developed by Michael Cohen of Project NatureConnect. www.ecopsych.com) We may end up coming up with ideas similar to what you suggest, but integrated within the natural and human systems here. By reconnecting all of our senses, including our rational thinking, to nature's systems, I hope we can become more and more integrated with nature's life-affirming and sustainable ways.

Peggy Garrigues-Cortelyou