SG-W:/ Re: [energyresources] Energy futures

      For me one of the important occupations of this group would be to
assemble simple, easy to understand data and arguments which could be
presented to the public. There is a strong possibility that I will be giving
a 20 minute speech to senior citizens. The title will be "The end of Oil and
the next Generation". I am starting to assemble materials  I may give out
the convince sheet (in attachment} but am looking for additional or simpler
materials. Many people will not get through the convince sheet. One of the
hardest tasks in doing this is to reconcile the USGS info with our experts
or even to define the difference. I am studying Jean Laherrere's "Is USGS
2000 Assessment Reliable" now and can use the statement that only 10 GB/a is
being discovered and some of the derogatory remarks at the end. I also have
material from Rich Duncan,  Holmquists book , End of cheap oil, Dieoff.com,
and Ivanhoe's curve in Popular Science which is one of the easiest to use.
          One big problem is that I do not completely understand the
material myself and certainly can not expect lay people to understand it. It
needs to be laid out in simple repeatable terms. I am an inventive engineer,
not an oil expert.
          My interests are in spreading the word and in finding solutions.
In my opinion energy must come from many sources but conservation is more
important than any one source. The apartment house is the most important
energy machine because they are the key to eliminating cars, saving land,
saving heat, cogeneration, organized group effort, and comanufacturing. I
want to work on cogeneration, comanufacturing, wood gasification, a monster
tree planting program, biogas, water recycling, solar mirrors, windmills
that pump, and efficient engines.
          I intend to assemble an energy fact sheet to pass out. If anyone
has ideas or material please pass it on in simple form.
          Please focus and stay on the subject which I hope is
Sustainability, not killing.

                                                 Kermit Schlansker