SG-W:/ Native Plant Workshop

Enviro-Mich message from Cynthia Price <timrcd@iserv.net>

Would like to announce the following which West Michigan Region
Environmental Network initiated 8 long years ago -- in the past couple of
years we've seen an enormous increase in interest and awareness. Since the
beginning, however, people have come from all over the state.

This year for the first time we're including information aimed at planners
and community people who deal with stormwater, public landscape, and other
issues. Dublin, Ohio, has a program to return native ecosystems to their
community and works with developers to ensure it happens:

Creating a Natural Landscape VIII Conference

A Conference for the Conservation-Minded Gardener
and the Community Leader

Muskegon Community College
March 31 8:00- 4:00 p.m.
Cost $25.00
To register, or to receive a registration brochure with more detailed
information,
call Muskegon Conservation District (231) 773-0008
(or feel free to e-mail me through the reply function, or call me at
616-784-1090)

Featured speakers are:
Robert Grese, Ph.D., Director Nichols Arboretum, Uof M, on: Landscape
Design with Native Plants
Janice Bobrin, Washtenaw County Drain Commissioner on: Environmentally
Sensitive Design for Stormwater Management
Kyle Ezell, Senior Urban Planner, Dublin, Ohio on: Developments with
Natural Heritage in Mind (guidance for developers and ordinances)
Gretchen Voyle, Master Garnener Coordinator for MSU-E, Livingston County
on: Please Pick the Purple Loosestrife (invasive species and how to curb
their spread)

Additional Breakout Sessions include: Inventorying Property, a presention
on the Wild Ones organization,
Attracting Beneficial Insects and Go Native with Seed Propagation.

Continental breakfast and lunch are included in registration fee.

>From rich@torontoenvironment.org  Fri Mar  9 11:23:48 2001

Mary Beth Doyle, MPH
Environmental Health Project
Ecology Center