Re: SG-W:/lots of families...

Our planning commission, of which I'm a member, is working on two proposals
for higher density developments, both very well-received so far, one for 7
DU per acre, one for 4-5 DU per acre. (Which, granted, isn't very high
density) I've found higher density is well accepted and encouraged on land
and in areas that are appropriate. Now, as to the affordability... the
developers talk affordable, but then present what they call "moderate"
$120,000 to $150,000. Some that were proposed and approved in the $200,000
range actually were built and sold at $700,000!

I don't think folks mind high density developments, with large numbers of
people in a small area, though, rightly or wrongly, they may balk at
subsidized housing and Mobile home parks which pay almost no taxes.
Christina Lirones (Pittsfield)