Re: SG-W:/lots of families...

It should be noted that although the neighbor's comments could be interpreted as NIMBY-ism,
it still raise a valid point.  300 homes would generate a tremendous volume of traffic on a
dirt road.  Typically, a single-family home will generate around 10 trips per day which
means that this proposed development could generate almost 3000 trips a day on this road
[assuming all traffic went to the one road, etc.].  Now, I've heard the number of 750 -
1000 trips a day used as the max. number of trips that a gravel road can support without
being negatively impacted.  So, what this neighbor is stating is valid.  Whose going to
pave that road?  Even if the developer pays to pave it, who is going to maintain it?  Is it
fair for residents in Ann Arbor who already pay city taxes to maintain city roads to see
the road commission spend dollars to maintain a rural road for one development?  Those are
real questions that are often left unanswered when development comes to rural areas.

Andrew Mutch
Novi