From: Robert Waldrop <rmwj@soonernet.com>
To: RunningOnEmpty@yahoogroups.com <RunningOnEmpty@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Friday, March 30, 2001 6:12 PM
Subject: [RunningOnEmpty] Forest Gardening links and resources

>For those interested in forest gardening, here's a couple of
>books and some links.
>
>Forest Gardening, cultivating an edible landscape, by Robert Hart
>
>How to make a forest garden, Patrick Whitfield
>
>http://www.forestgarden.org/
>
>http://pages.unisonfree.net/gburnett/Perma/ (permaculture: a
>beginner's guide)
>
>http://pages.unisonfree.net/gburnett/Forest/index.html Robert
>Hart's forest garden -- a tribute
>
>http://www.agroforester.com/articles/perennial_vegetables.html
>perennial leaf vegetables
>
>http://www.efn.org/~bsharvy/edible.html  edible landscaping and
>gardening
>
>http://landscaping.about.com/homegarden/landscaping/cs/edibleland
>scaping/  edible landscaping, from about.com
>
>Robert Waldrop, OKC
>http://www.EnergyConservationInfo.org
>

>------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-~>
>Make good on the promise you made at graduation to keep
>in touch. Classmates.com has over 14 million registered
>high school alumni--chances are you'll find your friends!
>http://us.click.yahoo.com/03IJGA/DMUCAA/4ihDAA/xrOVlB/TM
>
>CURRENT PURPOSES OF THIS LIST
>
>- Sharing news about the decline of fossil fuels. Clips from the Web, or
your local newspapers. Your opinions, questions.

>- Chronology: Estimating the specific timings of the severe energy decline,
its speed, its duration, and sequences of events.

>- Effects: Which functions of society, which specific industries,
institutions, goods and services will be affected, in which ways.

>HOW YOUR POSTINGS ARE MANAGED
>
>- Your postings may be read by 460 people in this list, including the
moderators, Fred Walter, Linda Graves, Lise Maring, Mark Petry, Steve
Morningthunder, Richard Pelto, Ronald Greek, John Weber and me (Bruce
Thomson).

>- Don't be hurt if your message gets deleted. Factors we use to assess
quality are: fresh relevance, brevity (please trim down the previous-message
text), good manners (avoid I/you arguments), nice chunking into small, easy
paragraphs. Section headings in capitals can help structure your message
(example, this message). Provide clear evidence/references with any
controversial statements.