SG-W:/ FARM LAND AVAILABLE FOR RENT

The Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy has up to 36 acres of farm land
available for rent in Section 27 of Superior Township (near Prospect and
Geddes Roads).  This land has been conventionally farmed for many years,
however, our strong preference is to lease the land to an organic farmer.

The land to be leased is part of the Conservancy's 261-acre LeFurge Woods
property.  This land has been purchased to protect it from the wasteful urban
sprawl which is devouring our communities.  The property has a mix of
habitats, including woods, wetlands and fields.  We also maintain about half
of the acreage as productive agricultural land to demonstrate that farming
operations and viable wildlife habitats can go hand in hand.

If you know of someone who might be interested in this opportunity, please
pass this message along.  Interested parties may contact me by e-mail, or by
phone at (313) 582-8377.  Thank you.

Jack Smiley
Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy
www.comnet.org/smlc