Re: SG-W:/ county commissioners

That is certainly interesting if most Washtenaw County Commission candidates
spend under $1,000.  I remember that I spent over $3,000 to run for Wayne
County Commissioner 20 years ago--and that was a very bare-bones campaign
(granted, Wayne County does have a higher voter population per district).
Most political campaigns that I am aware of are exceedingly more expensive.

Still, the actual number of people to serve on a legislative body is open to
philosophical debate--but I prefer more encompassing Boards.  I wouldn't want
to run even our Conservancy's Board with only 7 Board members.  From a very
practical standpoint, a greater number of people tends to bring greater
skills and interests (and, hopefully, dissent) to the table.

Jack Smiley