SG-W:/ "I've Been Working on the (North Country Trail)road:" June 19 Sierra Club Meeting

Friends,

The North Country Trail winds almost 4,000 miles from New York to North
Dakota and includes hundreds of miles of trail in Michigan.  At this month's
Sierra Club meeting, Ralph Powell - one of the current leaders of our
efforts to build the Michigan portion of the trail and a terrific
photographer will take us on a pictorial guided tour of the trail.  The
program is] titled "I've Been Working on the Trailroad:
Building the 4,000 Mile North Country Trail."

After the presentation, we invite you to meet others who share your
interests in exploring, enjoying, and protecting nature during our social
hour.  You can also learn about local Sierra Club activities ranging from
hikes, canoe trips, bike tours, and service projects to
conservation campaigns. And for those of you who want to help stop sprawl
during your shopping trips, we'll have EarthCash shopping vouchers
available (so don't forget to bring your checkbook!).

Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group General Meetings are held on the third
Tuesday of each month at the beautiful Matthei Botanical Gardens, located at
1800 N. Dixboro Road (between Geddes and Plymouth Roads, east of US-23),
beginning at 7:30 pm.  Meetings are free and open to the public.  Newcomers
are welcome; no membership is required.

We hope to see you at Tuesday's meeting.  Please feel free to forward this
message to others who might be interested.

- Mike Sklar

Sierra Club events information: 734-480-7751 or
www.mirror.org/groups/mi-enviro