SG-W:/ Shop to Stop Sprawl!

Believe it or not, your next shopping trip could help stop sprawl in
Washtenaw County.

How?  By participating in the Sierra Club's "Shopping for the Earth"
program.  This program allows you to ensure that a portion of the money you
spend at any of our TEN retail partners will be donated to the Washtenaw
County Sierra Club organization, the Huron Valley Group (HVG).

The #1 priority for HVG is stopping sprawl.  HVG has donated more money to
the last three sprawl campaigns than any other local environmental group and
has made fighting sprawl its top priority.  Your participation in the
"Shopping for the Earth" program will enable HVG to donate even more money
to future efforts to stop sprawl.

"Shopping For The Earth" has just added Hiller's Markets to our list of
participating merchants.  With ten retail partners, it's easier than ever
for you to contribute to the fight against sprawl every time you shop.  Over
the course of a year, you can contribute hundreds of dollars to the fight
against sprawl -- and all without spending a penny more than you would spend
anyway, since participants get $1 in merchandise for every $1 they spend in
the program.

So don't delay -- start shopping to stop sprawl today!  All you have to do
is complete and mail in the order form at the bottom of this message with
your check; I'll send you the certificates, and then you spend the
certificates in the corresponding store just as if they're cash.  For more
information, contact me by email at mssklar@home.com (as of July 3) or by
phone at (734) 717-8040.

  - Mike Sklar, Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group Co-Chair

====================================

Huron Valley Group "Shopping for the Earth" Order Form

Please indicate the number of gift certificates of each denomination you
want for
each store in the table below, and list the total value of your order ($500
maximum) here:   $ ______ .   Please be sure to enclose your check, made
payable to "Huron Valley Group - Sierra Club."

Kroger                             ____ @ $10   _____ @ $20   _____ @ $50
Whole Foods                  ____ @ $10   _____ @ $20
Farmer Jack                   ____ @ $10   _____ @ $20   _____ @ $50
Hiller's (New!)                 ____ @ $10   _____ @ $20   _____ @ $50