SG-W:/ politics and the environment

If you ever find yourself frustrated by politicians running roughshod over the
environment, take heart from this article.  Yet another Michigan legislator
reverses course on "slant drilling":

http://www.hollandsentinel.com/stories/072401/loc_0724010043.shtml

This is once again proof that those of us fighting for a green Michigan can have
an impact, even on die-hard Republicans. This is especially sweet as this
politician wanted to punish local communities who opposed slant drilling.  As he
said:

"Let's just say I got my ears boxed good and I understand the message..."

He might not understand protecting the environment but he can read the polls!!

Andrew Mutch
Novi