[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: SG-W:/ Fw: Friends of Pickerel Lake Update 16 Letter from the DNR
- Subject: Re: SG-W:/ Fw: Friends of Pickerel Lake Update 16 Letter from the DNR
- From: Steve Bean <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Jul 01 17:10:29 -0400
- Cc: "Smartgrowth Washtenaw" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
>Are any lakes in the area or State *not* funded by marine fuel revenues?
>Is there any model of alternative funding to look at? A lot of the
>argument of the DNR seems to hinge on that-- as if it were something
>immutable. If an area is valued as worth preserving one would think it
>could be given some other source of funding.
Likewise, are there any other lakes in Washtenaw County/SE Michigan
besides PL that will qualify as "Natural Areas" (no automobiles, boats,
and bicycles) under the new designation? Stokes makes it sound like there
are. Might be worth looking into. The fewer possibilities, the better the
case for PL.
smartgrowth-washtenaw: Internet List and Forum for issues relating to
sprawl, smart growth, and preservation of the quality of life in Washtenaw
Postings to: email@example.com For info, send
email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a one-line message body of "info