[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
SG-W:/ Pickerel Lake tonight
- Subject: SG-W:/ Pickerel Lake tonight
- From: Liz Brater <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 14:41:03 -0400
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
F R I E N D S O F P I C K E R E L L A K E
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT
NOW TO PRESERVE
What: DNR PUBLIC MEETING ABOUT PICKEREL LAKE'S FUTURE
When: TUESDAY, AUG. 14TH, 7:00 TO 9:30 P.M.
Where: PINCKNEY HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM
10244 DEXTER-PINCKNEY ROAD (1/2 mile south of M36)
At this public meeting, the DNR will present their plan for Pickerel Lake
AND will listen to your input. The DNR?s plan does not meet the needs of
Pickerel Lake, its surroundings, and the primary users. We need as many
people as possible to attend this meeting either in silent support or to
THIS IS OUR OPPORTUNITY TO TELL THE DNR THAT WE WANT TO
MAINTAIN PICKEREL LAKE FOR QUIET, LOW-IMPACT USE.
Please plan on attending this important event and be prepared to:
(1) Voice your support to prohibit the use of motors on the lake and
large boats that need to
be driven to the water?s edge by trailer.
(2) Tell the DNR that their intended experimental surface at the access
gravel, covered with sand--must not be used. Reasons: there is no
way to know if this
will work; if it is guaranteed to work, we do not want heavy
vehicles with boat
trailers driven to the water?s edge.
(3) Voice your support for a moratorium on the DNR?s plan so we have time
discuss, and arrive at an agreement.
(4) Share your experiences and why we need to preserve the lake and its
(5) Offer silent support by your presence.
Land Use Director
117 N. Division
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
(734) 761-3186 x121
smartgrowth-washtenaw: Internet List and Forum for issues relating to
sprawl, smart growth, and preservation of the quality of life in Washtenaw
Postings to: email@example.com For info, send
email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a one-line message body of "info