SG-W:/ Pickerel Lake tonight

F R I E N D S   O F   P I C K E R E L   L A K E

WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT
NOW TO PRESERVE
 PICKEREL LAKE

What:    DNR PUBLIC MEETING ABOUT PICKEREL LAKE'S FUTURE

When:  TUESDAY, AUG. 14TH, 7:00 TO 9:30 P.M.

Where:  PINCKNEY HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM
             10244 DEXTER-PINCKNEY ROAD (1/2 mile south of M36)

At this public meeting, the DNR will present their plan for Pickerel Lake
AND will listen to your input.  The DNR?s plan does not meet the needs of
Pickerel Lake, its surroundings, and the primary users.  We need as many
people as possible to attend this meeting either in silent support or to
speak.

THIS IS OUR OPPORTUNITY TO TELL THE DNR THAT WE WANT TO
        MAINTAIN PICKEREL LAKE FOR QUIET, LOW-IMPACT USE.

Please plan on attending this important event and be prepared to:

(1)   Voice your support to prohibit the use of motors on the lake and
large boats that need to
        be driven to the water?s edge by trailer.

(2)    Tell the DNR that their intended experimental surface at the access
site--geofabric and
        gravel, covered with sand--must not be used.  Reasons:  there is no
way to know if this
        will work; if it is guaranteed to work, we do not want heavy
vehicles with boat
        trailers driven to the water?s edge.

(3)   Voice your support for a moratorium on the DNR?s plan so we have time
to review,
        discuss, and arrive at an agreement.

(4)   Share your experiences and why we need to preserve the lake and its
surroundings.

(5)   Offer silent support by your presence.

Liz Brater
Land Use Director
Ecology Center
117 N. Division