SG-W:/ August 21 Sierra Club Meeting: "What You Can Do at Your House to Save the Huron River"

Friends,

The Huron River is more than a line on a map.  It is the primary source of
drinking water for hundreds of thousands of residents and the defining
natural feature of our area.  Yet the Huron, like so many other rivers in
Michigan, faces increasing pressure from human activities.  Each of us has a
role to play in reducing those pressures.

You can learn what you can do to protect the Huron river at this month's
Sierra Club meeting.  On Tuesday, August 21, the Huron River Watershed
Council's Jennifer Wolf will present "What You Can Do At Your House to Save
the Huron River."

After the presentation, we invite you to meet others who share your
interests in exploring, enjoying, and protecting nature during our social
hour.  You can also learn about local Sierra Club activities ranging from
hikes, canoe trips, bike tours, and service projects to
conservation campaigns. And for those of you who want to help stop sprawl
during your shopping trips, we'll have EarthCash shopping vouchers
available (so don't forget to bring your checkbook!).

Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group General Meetings are held on the third
Tuesday of each month at the beautiful Matthei Botanical Gardens, located at
1800 N. Dixboro Road (between Geddes and Plymouth Roads, east of US-23),
beginning at 7:30 pm.  Meetings are free and open to the public.  Newcomers
are welcome; no membership is required.

We hope to see you at Tuesday's meeting.  Please feel free to forward this
message to others who might be interested.

- Mike Sklar

Sierra Club events information: 734-480-7751 or
www.mirror.org/groups/mi-enviro