Re: SG-W:/ Pittsfield land use in headlines again

Andrew,

You make a great point about the difficulty of making a decision on this
type of road.  I have to admit that I made my vote in favor of this issue
because the roads were only a relatively small part of the larger package;
construction of the new Saline schools.  According to our lawyer, if the
Board voted no on the package, it might possibly delay the construction of
the schools.  Even trying to change any part of the entire issue, such as
revisiting the building of this connector road, could unduly impact the
timing for the construction process.

I feel strongly that the residents concerns about safety within their own
subdivision were justified--especially if the students use this as a short
cut for school or extracurricular activities.  On the other hand, you and
Tina make important points about the need for these connective roads.  It is
very difficult to explain to the residents that we want to do this for their
own good in the face of strong opposition.

I can only hope that the road is more benificial than the potential hazard
it might become.  Otherwise, I take the Supervisor at his word that we can
revisit this issue in the future.

Respectfully Yours,

Jeffrey Marine