Re: SG-W:/ Pittsfield land use in headlines again

Thanks, Andrew, I know these are always tough decisions, but I am very
comfortable with my decision, particularly since the one resident who kept
saying that the School's impact study didn't recommend the road must have
been confused, because it did recommend the road, as did the Road Commission
and our own twp. planners and engineers.

The sub originally was granted higher density based in part on connectivity
to the south, and to eliminate that connectivity means a drastic change in
the site plan which is not justified in my opinion. The whole site plan
would have to be re-done, but the developer is whipping these folks up (is
everyone familiar with Louis Johnson and Craig Welch, who sue us frequently?
They seem to HATE fulfilling the obligations of their site plans, possibly
because it costs them money?). Also, the former planning commisioner who
lives in Centennial Park who is also whipping these poor folks up - he
essentially compared a vote for the road with a vote for destroying the sub
to get back at the developer. I believe exactlty the opposite - this will be
a wonderful amenity, allowing folks in the sub to use all of the playgrounds
and facilities of the school easily and safely. I don't like the developer,
but I believe we are planning a wonderful living situation which will make
him very wealthy, aargh!

I'm not in the least concerned about the press - I think the reporters are
doing their best,and I appreciate them calling. What I'm wondering is, who
is Rober 98, and what is driving his/her selection of articles? I have had a
certain amount of politcal abuse over this list serv, and I like to know
who/what I'm dealing with. Christina