Re: SG-W:/ news items (fwd)

Yes, Renee's article was defineitely more in depth - she had read the traffic study, she understood that bottom line, this was a Road Commission project - our consent agreement just reinforced Pittsfield's position, etc. The only thing I added in my letter to the editor for the next issue is that this is not a "connector road" created solely for this project - it's part of the whole PUD that was already approved. Eliminating this road would be a big change to the whole PUD. The schools sort of threw us for a loop by buying a big chunk out of the middle of the PUD, and changing the use, albeit to one that is allowed in residential areas. The road system was supposed to run from Mich. Ave to Textile whether or not the school was there. Clearly, many folks who bought into this sub were NEVER told about the massive nature of the original PUD, or even about the final layout of the roads. A number of them told me they were only shown a picture of their "Phase" in Centennial Park, as if it were its own tiny island. Oh, and has anyone else noted that this sub backs right up to an active Railroad line, with houses very close to the tracks? And the subdivision's park is across the tracks? So every resident has to cross the tracks to play? I'm not sure the long-planned road is the biggest problem here. Christina Lirones