SG-W:/ Sierra Club Meeting: "This is the Sierra Club," Tuesday, 9/18

Friends,

This Tuesday, the Sierra Club's Huron Valley Group invites you to get to
know the wide range of activities we sponsor.  Our September meeting is
titled "This Is The Sierra Club," and it's designed to let you explore the
full range of Club activities that are organized and led by local
volunteers.  These activities include:

  - Our Outings Program, which sponsors hikes through the best natural spots
in the local area and throughout the state, canoe trips, bike tours, and
service projects such as trail-building.

  - The Inner City Outings program, which is designed to bring
underprivileged kids into nature.

  - A variety of conservation campaigns aimed at protecting wildlife,
natural areas, open space, and the quality of our air and water.

  - Our Political Committee, which works to educate the public about the
positions of political candidates on environmental issues.

The meeting begins at 7:30 pm at the Matthei Botanical Gardens, where you
can meet others who share your interests in exploring, enjoying, and
protecting nature.  Refreshments will be available, and if you want to help
stop sprawl (at no cost to
you) while buying groceries and other things where you already shop, we'll
have EarthCash shopping vouchers available - so don't forget your
checkbook.

Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group General Meetings are held on the third
Tuesday of each month at the beautiful Matthei Botanical Gardens, located at
1800 N. Dixboro Road (between Geddes and Plymouth Roads, east of US-23),
beginning at 7:30 pm.  Meetings are free and open to the public.  Newcomers
are welcome; no membership is required.

We hope you can join us Tuesday's meeting.  Please feel free to forward this
message to others who might be interested.

Mike Sklar
Co-chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group

Events information: (734) 480-7751 *or* www.mirror.org/groups/mi-enviro