Re: SG-W:/ Upcoming Growing Smart Lunch

For a flavor of Mr. Staley's perspective, sample this:

http://www.gppf.org/events/sstaley.htm

"The states in green have enacted farm and farmland preservation task
forces. You need to think about these policies as a back-door sprawl
containment. These initiatives are not really about preserving farmland.
(If there are farm bureau folks in here I am sorry, but this is my take on
it.) The bottom line is that these task forces are designed to stop
suburbanization, to stop the conversion of land from farms into houses and
other sorts of modern crops if you will. For example, a farm bureau
representative in Michigan asked a local farmer what his most productive
crop was: the farmer said "houses." The farm bureau representative was not
very happy about that. "

Andrew Mutch
Novi