Re: SG-W:/ AATA bus routes

This post struck a couple of thoughts at this early hour:

1) Does Pittsfield township pay AATA for bus connectivity? That would
explain, partly, why AATA may not go out that way. I know that Scio
Twnshp. does not, and so they have no buses there.

2) AATA has connections to places like Chelsea and Dexter because they are
towns, i.e. places with a higher density of people to provide both a
desination and better chances of achieving minimum ridership. AFAIK, the
only way Pittsfield could have achieved that would be through the ill-fated
Newmarket development.

3) How can we encourage AATA to develop better, more extended coverage?
Should developers deed over a small portion of land for a bus stop in any
development that is 'large enough' (which could be Meijer's, a condo
complex, etc)? Is there a way to encourage the townships to chip in for
the costs?

I made sure to choose my current abode based on its location on the
busline, but I realize that not everyone may be able to do that.

-kg