SG-W:/ New listserve on protecting isolated wetlands

*******Attention Wetlands Advocates********

The National Wildlife Federation announces a new Listserv to track
developments across the country related to the protection of
"isolated" waters and wetlands in wake of the U.S. Supreme Court
ruling in Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County (SWANCC) v. U.S.
Army Corps of Engineers.

We hope to use this list to exchange information tracking:

*  Federal Agency implementation of the SWANCC decision

*  Court rulings with implications to further defining the scope of SWANCC

*  Local, State, and Federal efforts to restore protection for
isolated waters and/or fight efforts to weaken existing protection

*  Impacts to aquatic systems occurring as a result of SWANCC

We invite all parties with an interest in improving protection for
isolated wetlands and other waters to join this list.  We
specifically invite all interested local, state and federal agency
staff, conservationists, sportsmen and women, academics, field
biologists, and anyone else who shares our interest in protecting
these unique systems.  While we have contracted with attorney Jan
Goldman-Carter to help post summaries of legal decisions and to help
gather information for this list, we hope that all subscribers will
post information on happenings in their areas of the country.

This will be a moderated list with all messages requiring moderator
approval for posting.  NWF reserves the right to reject any
prospective subscribers it believes to be working counter to the
interest of wetlands conservation and any postings it judges to be
inappropriate in content or tone.

Postings to the SWANCC list will begin in mid to late November, so
sign up today!

Send a message to sibbing@nwf.org with the subject line "subscribe"
In the body of the message, please give your name, email address,
city/state, affiliation and reason for joining the list.

Please distribute this posting to others who may be interested in
joining the list.

Julie M. Sibbing
Wetlands Legislative Representative
National Wildlife Federation