SG-W:/ MSU looking for Sustainable Ag. chair

REPLY TO: Tracy Dobson <dobson@msu.edu>

Please circulate this announcement widely.  If you have suggestions,
please let me (I will pass it on) or the committee chair know.

Thanks.

Tracy Dobson

>November 20, 2001
>
>TO:     CANR and MSUE Personnel
>
>Michigan State University announces the recruitment of the C.S. Mott
>Chair for Sustainable Agriculture. The incumbent will provide
>leadership to a campus-wide program of excellence in sustainable
>agriculture with the goal of fostering the advancement of
>sustainable principles and practices in Michigan through research,
>teaching, and extension activities. The tenure home of this full
>professor position will be assigned to a College of Agriculture and
>Natural Resources (CANR) department depending upon the expertise of
>the selected candidate.
>
>The position description can be downloaded from the following
>website http://www.msue.msu.edu/misanet/Mott.htm. Applications or
>nominations will be accepted until February 15, 2002 or until a
>suitable candidate is identified.
>
>The recruitment and evaluation committee has an aggressive
>advertising campaign planned. However, recruitment for high profile
>positions such as the C.S. Mott Chair for Sustainable Agriculture is
>generally most effective through personal contacts. Please take time
>to contact exceptional colleagues that would provide outstanding
>leadership to MSU's sustainable agriculture programs. The committee
>membership is listed below. I am confident that any member is
>willing to answer questions you may have concerning the position.
>
>Thank you for your efforts to recruit an outstanding pool of
>candidates for the C.S. Mott Chair for Sustainable Agriculture.
>
>Recruitment and Evaluation committee:
>Gary Lemme, Committee Chair
>Karen Renner, Crop and Soil Science Dept.
>Susan Smalley, Crop and Soil Science Dept.
>Scott Swinton, Agricultural Economics Dept.
>John Shelle, Animal Science Dept.
>John Biernbaum, Horticulture Dept.
>Lisa Geason , Sociology Dept.
>Christine Lietzau, Michigan Dept. of Agriculture
>Carol Osborne, Stakeholder
>Jim Jay & Ken Poff, CANR Office of Diversity and Pluralism

Tracy Dobson
Professor, Fisheries & Wildlife
Michigan State University
13 Natural Resources Bldg.