Re: Fw: SG-W:/ LAND USE STUDY RELEASED

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Ponvert wrote:

> Pretty scary if this is the group that is going to have a say in
> making big decisions about MI land use and development. Where is the
> MI League of Conservation Voters and Washtenaw Land Trust, and the
> environmental groups?

This group just released a study.  A study that has scary implications for
the future of nature and people who care for it.  I think it's
constructive that we see the bad place we're headed if things don't
change.  The more we realize this, the more we'll organize to try to find
a different path, both for Washtenaw County and for the state as a whole.

Time is short.  We need wake-up calls like this.

Doug Cowherd
Co-Chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group