SG-W:/ SG-W: The Law of Entropy (Phosphates)

Yes, too much fertilizer is being used on lawns and in commercial
agriculture, and nitrogen can be replaced by growing legume crops.

However, it was my understanding that potassium and phosphorus can also be
replaced by natural, organic farming techniques, although I am admittedly
unsure of the specifics. Your assertion that organic farming is fed by
non-organic manure is false; all inputs in an organic farm, if it is
certified as such, must also be organic.

Using human sewage as fertilizer is a technique that has been used in
other countries, but it does pose health risks in that it can transmit
disease. China, for instance, has had a problem with this for years. It
may be possible to treat it in a way that avoids these risks on a large,
municiple-level scale, although that has not happened yet as far as I
know. On an individual level, Sim van der Ryn has tackled the construction
of compost privies in private homes, as detailed in his book 'Toilet
Papers', here in the United States. Having not read the book, I don't know
the details as to how he deals with the health hazards.

regards,
-kg