SG-W:/ land use partners

I was asked to pass this information along.

 To: Land Use Partners
 From: Nancy D. Thelen, Washtenaw County MSU Extension Director
 Re: Invitation to special land use partners meeting on January 22nd
 RSVP requested: Please call Kerry Sheldon at (734) 222-6871  or email
at sheldonk@co.washtenaw.mi.us

As we are all aware, Washtenaw County is challenged with land use
concerns that include land use patterns, planning, zoning, water
quality, and housing education.  There are many groups, organizations,
county government departments, and universities that are working on this
issue and there are several new programs and initiatives available.

In an effort to better understand each others' programs and focus areas,
the Washtenaw County MSU Extension staff would like to facilitate a
meeting of the partners engaged in land use issues.  This meeting will
be held on Tuesday, January 22 from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. at the new
Extension offices, in the garden level of the Western County Service
Center, located at 705 N. Zeeb Road.

Please come prepared to briefly share your group's efforts or programs
and then we will have a discussion on potential new programs and/or
partnerships and collaborations that we may be able to work on in the
future.

If you have any questions, please contact Nancy Thelen at the MSU
Extension Office, (734) 997-1678.  The Extension Office is currently in
its move to the new Zeeb Road facility, and should be open again for
business on January 14th.  Accordingly, please RSVP to Kerry Sheldon  or
via telephone, (734) 222-6871.

We hope you will be able to join in this partner meeting!  Please share
this invitation with other staff or groups whomay be interested in
attending.

  Kerry Sheldon
  Environmental Issues Analyst
  Washtenaw County
  Dept. of Environment & Infrastructure Services
<sheldonk@co.washtenaw.mi.us>
  110 N. Fourth Ave.; PO Box 8645
  Ann Arbor, Michigan 48107
Fax: (734) 994-2459
Work: Direct: (734) 222-6871 Main: (734) 994-6361