SG-W:/ "Beyond the Automobile:" Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group presents the future of mass transit on Tuesday, January 15

Friends,

The only thing worse than our area's pro football team is our mass transportation system.  The Lions may be hopeless, but you can learn about the exciting prospects for an effective bus and train system that gives us a real alternative to the automobile at the Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group's public meeting on Tuesday, January 15.  We'll hear a presentation from Transportation Riders United titled "Beyond the Automobile:  Prospects for a World-Class Transit System in Southeastern Michigan."  The program begins at 7:30 PM and takes place at the Matthei Botanical Gardens, located at 1800 Dixboro Road between Plymouth and Geddes.

We also invite you to stay for our social hour immediately following the presentation, when you can meet others who share your interests in exploring, enjoying, and protecting nature.  Light refreshments will be served, and you can also learn about local Sierra Club activities
including hikes, ski trips, service projects, and a variety of conservation campaigns.  If you want to help stop sprawl (at no cost to you!) while buying groceries and other merchandise at
the stores where you already shop, we'll have EarthCash shopping vouchers available for
sale by cash or check.

Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group General Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month at the beautiful Matthei Botanical Gardens, located at 1800 N. Dixboro Road (between Geddes and Plymouth Roads, east of  US-23), beginning at 7:30 pm.  Meetings are free and open to the public.  Newcomers are welcome; no membership is required.

I hope to see you at Tuesday's meeting.  Please feel free to forward this message to others who might be interested.

Mike Sklar
Co-chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group

Events information: (734) 480-7751 *or* www.mirror.org/groups/mi-enviro