RE: SG-W:/ Ann Arbor Township moves ahead with open space zoning

As one of the proponents of the new law, I am intensely interested in the
practical aspects of its implementation.  While MEC supported the bills in
the Legislature, we retain some reservations that the new rules may not
completely succeed in meeting our land protection objectives.  Of particular
concern is the mandate that every community adopt such a policy . . .
despite the very real possibility that it will not be beneficial for every
local government.  As you all move through the process, if you see clear
needs for amendment to the law, please document your experiences and alert
me.  Thanks!

Conan

Conan Smith
Land Programs Director