SG-W:/ April 16: Ann Arbor Mayor John Hieftje to present"Treetown USA: Prospects for a Greener Future"

Friends,

What does the future hold for our region and its environment?  This month, Ann Arbor Mayor John Hiefje shares his vision of the Ann Arbor region's environmental future at the Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group's April public meeting on Tuesday, April 16.

Mayor Hieftje's presentation is titled "Treetown USA:  Prospects for a Greener Future." He'll discuss local environmental problems and the initiatives under consideration by Ann Arbor and surrounding communities to address those challenges.

Mayor Hieftje's presentation will be followed by our social hour, which features light refreshments and gives you a chance to meet others who share your interests in exploring, enjoying, and protecting nature.  You can also learn about local Sierra Club activities including hikes, service projects, and a variety of conservation campaigns.  If you want to help stop sprawl (at no cost to you!) while buying groceries, books, CDs, and other merchandise at the stores where you already shop, we'll have EarthCash shopping vouchers available for sale by cash or check.

The Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group's monthly public meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month at the beautiful Matthei Botanical Gardens, located at 1800 N. Dixboro Road (between Geddes and Plymouth Roads, east of US-23), beginning at 7:30 pm.  Meetings are free and open to the public. Newcomers are welcome; no membership is required.

I hope to see you at Tuesday's meeting.  Please feel free to forward this message to others who might be interested.

Michael Sklar
Co-Chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group

HVG Events information: (734) 480-7751 *or* www.mirror.org/groups/mi-enviro