SG-W:/ Sierra Club presents "Preserving Michigan" by Dave Dempsey - Tuesday,5/21

Friends,
Michigan was once legendary for protecting our environment.  In recent years we've gone in the other direction.  At this month's Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group public meeting on Tuesday, May 21, Dave Dempsey, author of the new book "Ruin & Recovery:  Michigan's Role as a Conservation Leader," will describe how the Sierra Club helped make Michigan a paragon of environmental stewardship, and how we could lead the way again.

Dave's presentation is titled "Preserving Michigan: How the Sierra Club Helped Save Our Natural Wonders."  It will be followed by our social hour, which features light refreshments and gives you a chance to meet others who share your interests in exploring, enjoying, and protecting nature.  You can also learn about local Sierra Club activities including hikes, service projects, and a variety of conservation campaigns.  If you want to help stop sprawl (at no cost to you!) while buying groceries, books, CDs, and other merchandise at the stores where you already shop, we'll have EarthCash shopping vouchers available for sale by cash or check.

Dave's presentation is titled "Preserving Michigan: How the Sierra Club Helped Save Our Natural Wonders."  It will be followed by our social hour, which features light refreshments and gives you a chance to meet others who share your interests in exploring, enjoying, and protecting nature.  You can also learn about local Sierra Club activities including hikes, service projects, and a variety of conservation campaigns.  If you want to help stop sprawl (at no cost to you!) while buying groceries, books, CDs, and other merchandise at the stores where you already shop, we'll have EarthCash shopping vouchers available for sale by cash or check.

The Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group's monthly public meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month at the beautiful Matthei Botanical Gardens, located at 1800 N. Dixboro Road (between Geddes and Plymouth Roads, east of US-23), beginning at 7:30 pm.  Meetings are free and open to the public. Newcomers are welcome; no membership is required.

I hope to see you at Tuesday's meeting.  Please feel free to forward this message to others who might be interested.

Michael Sklar
Co-Chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group

HVG Events information: (734) 480-7751 *or* www.mirror.org/groups/mi-enviro