Re: SG-W:/ Protecting drinking water supply

Steve,

I know that the City of Columbus, Ohio long ago purchased lands in
the surrounding Townships to create resevoirs and provide sources of
water for the City. Closer to home, I believe that the City of Ann Arbor
has some of its wells on the Airport property in Pittsfield Township. The
City's holdings in the Township are probably in excess of 600 acres which
keeps some of the booming development away from those water sources.

Andrew Mutch
Novi