Re: SG-W:/ Protecting drinking water supply

I know that the sensitive ground water recharge areas in Washtenaw County have been identified.  I worked on an EIS for the expansion of US-12 about 12 years ago.  In that document, I identified important recharge areas in Pittsfield Twp. that could have been impacted by a road expansion.  The glacial deposits contribute to recharge and an old glacial river channel conveys large quantities of groundwater in that general area.  That area may be developed by now, I am not sure.  It seems that we would have to work at a county or watershed level to protect these recharge areas.  Catherine