SG-W:/ Come Explore the Botanical Gardens with the Sierra Club!

Friends,

Every July, the Sierra Club's Huron Valley Group invites the public to participate in a midsummer night's tour of the Matthei Botanical Gardens grounds.  This year we'll have three expert-guided tours.  You can enjoy learning about "Fleming Creek Critters," "What's Ailing Our Trees?," or "Plants We Use Every Day - A Tour of the Indoor Conservatory."

We hope you can join us on Tuesday, July 16 for this year's walk.  We'll convene inside the Botanical Gardens building at 7:30 pm.  You're also invited to join us for a potluck supper beginning at 6:30 pm; to participate, please bring a dish to share, eating utensils, and a cup.

The Botanical Gardens tour will be followed by our social hour, which features light refreshments and gives you a chance to meet others who share your interests in exploring, enjoying, and protecting nature.  You can also learn about Sierra Club activities including hikes, service projects, and a variety of conservation campaigns.  If you want to help stop sprawl (at no cost to you!) while buying groceries, books, CDs, and other merchandise at the stores where you already shop, we'll have EarthCash shopping vouchers available for sale by cash or check.

The Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group offers a monthly public event on the third Tuesday of each month at the beautiful Matthei Botanical Gardens, located at 1800 N. Dixboro Road (between Geddes and Plymouth Roads, east of US-23), beginning at 7:30 pm.  These events are free and open to the public. Newcomers are welcome; no membership is required.

Please feel free to forward this message to others who might be interested.  I hope to see you at Tuesday's event!

Michael Sklar
Co-Chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group

HVG Events information: (734) 480-7751 *or* www.mirror.org/groups/mi-enviro