Re: SG-W:/ farmland preservation in Macomb County

YES!

How do we start?  Who will lead? Where do we organize?  Just a few
questions to start.

Fall is fast approaching & being an election year time is short for many
folks.

My guess is early December for the first public meeting, and gather
informally between now & then.  BTW AFT seems like a great resource to get
started.

PS remember  Teddy Roosevelt was "politically conservative" as well...
didn't he started the Nat'l Park system? I am politically conservative, in
the literal sense.
Bob

|---------+------------------------------------------->
|         |           Mike Garfield                   |
|         |           <michaelg@ecocenter.org>        |
|         |           Sent by:                        |
|         |           owner-smartgrowth-washtenaw@grea|
|         |           t-lakes.net                     |
|         |                                           |
|         |                                           |
|         |           07/17/2002 05:29 PM             |
|         |                                           |
|---------+------------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                               |
  |       To:       smartgrowth-washtenaw@great-lakes.net                                         |
  |       cc:                                                                                     |
  |       Subject:  SG-W:/ farmland preservation in Macomb County                                 |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Brief, yet interesting, article about Macomb County's recent approval of a
28-point farmland preservation program in today's Detroit News:

http://www.detnews.com/2002/macomb/0207/17/c05-538260.htm

If it can be done in the more heavily populated and politically
conservative Macomb, shouldn't we be able to do something like that here in
Washtenaw?

Mike
--

Mike Garfield